This list was compiled by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV (AKA “Dr. Finance”) for students or potential students of finance. Most of the books on the list can also be found on a book list at GoodReads called Best Beginner Finance Book List.
Do you want to know how to study finance? Maybe you may want supplemental information for your MBA, a business course, a finance class, accounting class, or maybe you just want to learn how to manage your money better. Although this list is not complete, this finance book list provides a good foundation to learning about finance for beginners and is a good refresher for intermediate to advanced level students. Before you buy any of these finance books, you will want to determine you reading strategy first. It is recommended to either to start to study finance by reading Poor Richard’s Almanac and/or Adam Smith and then work your way to present. Alternatively, you can start to study finance by reading The Necessity of Finance book and then read any other finance books from the list that interests you best. If you have any other books that you want to add to this book list, please feel free to do so below. Best wishes!
- The Necessity of Finance: An Overview of the Science of Management of Wealth for an Individual, a Group, or an Organization by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV
- The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance: A Comprehensive Collection of Time-Tested Principles of Wealth Management by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV
- The Survival of the Richest: An Analysis of the Relationship between the Sciences of Biology, Economics, Finance, and Survivalism by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV
- Benjamin Franklin: Autobiography, Poor Richard, and Later Writings (Library of America) by Benjamin Franklin
- The Wealth of Nations (Bantam Classics) by Adam Smith
- Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds by Charles MacKay
- The Intelligent Investor: The Classic Text on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham
- The Theory of Investment Value by John Burr Williams
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing (Tenth Edition) by Burton G. Malkiel
- Portfolio Selection: Efficient Diversification of Investments by H. Markowitz
- Portfolio Theory and Capital Markets: The Original Edition by William F. Sharpe
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- How to Be Rich by J. Paul Getty